We’re delighted to partner with Friends International and OMF Diaspora Ministries to provide our international student track.
As well as the chance to go to the wider Word Alive programme, as an international student you have your own Bible teaching, small groups (in a variety of languages) and seminars. These will help you grow in your faith and discipleship, and have a particular focus on what it means to live for God in your home country as well as in the UK.
Who is it for?
- All international students are welcome!
- It is designed for Christian international students and provides a great time of teaching and discipleship – it is definitely not a basics course.
- If you are not a Christian, or you are still exploring, you are very welcome too. There are special groups designed especially for you (in Chinese and in English).
What happens at the track?
Our programme includes:
- Bible teaching in the mornings. The talks are in English and specially relevant for international students.
- In the afternoon, you will meet with a small group, giving time to think about applying the teaching to your own culture. These will be with others from a similar background and language.
- In the afternoon, there will also be a variety of seminars at the International Student Track helping you to live for Christ in your different cultural contexts.
- You can also join us for an afternoon trip to visit the local town of Prestatyn. It’s a great chance to see something of the local area and have some fun together. We’ll then join together at a local church for a meal.
Will I be able to attend other meetings in the conference?
Yes! We run our events late morning and in the afternoon so there is plenty of time to attend the meetings and events in the conference during the first part of the morning and in the evening.