- Your stand must fit entirely within the space you book and be no higher than 3m.
- You may not sell, sub-let, advertise or share your stand with another organisation.
- Organisations cannot sell any items without the permission of Word Alive.
- Your stand must be manned at all official exhibition opening times. You are also free to stay on your stand outside of these hours during the day. Our planned opening hours are:
Evening: 8pm–8.30pm & 10pm–10.30pm
Materials and Equipment
- Exhibitors are not permitted to hand out material anywhere on site except at their stand. Distributing material on café tables and flyposting is prohibited.
- The use of sound and video equipment is encouraged. You will be advised on site regarding volume levels.
- Any electrical equipment you use must have a current PAT certificate and comply with safety requirements. Any electrical items generating heat (such as kettles, irons, etc.) must not be used without prior permission from Word Alive.
- An electrical power socket will be provided to each stand.
- You can also request any of the following for no extra charge in your application: a table (4ft trestle); up to two chairs.
- Two exhibitor event passes are included in the stand price. If you require more than two event passes you will need to purchase the extras from Word Alive. This can be done via our website (from 1 September 2022) or on site at the event.
- You can bring as many people as you wish to Word Alive as exhibitors, however we ask that there are no more than 3 people on the stand at a time.
- Exhibitors are prohibited from packing down before the close of the exhibition on Wednesday night (10.30pm). However, if you are in the main area of the Fun Factory you will need to clear your stand by the end of Wednesday evening as the area is used on Thursday morning.
- Exhibition personnel must be no younger than 18 years old.
- Exhibition personnel are expected to be polite and considerate towards delegates and should behave in the spirit of Word Alive; being gracious towards those whose opinions or views differ from their own. Word Alive reserves the right to cancel a space in the Hub exhibition area or to ask exhibitors to leave if an individual neglects to operate within this spirit.
- All cancellations must be made in writing. If you cancel more than one month before the event, you will receive a 50% refund. Cancellations with less than one calendar month’s notice will be liable for the full cost of the stand.
Insurance and Security
- The exhibition will be hosted in a Pontins venue.
- Pontins staff and Word Alive Stewards will be on duty in the venue when it is open. The venue will be locked at night.
- Exhibitors are required to have their own Public Liability Insurance.
- Word Alive cannot be held responsible for any damage, theft or loss of equipment, stock, etc.
- It is the exhibitor’s responsibility to ensure that all workers have personal effects insurance cover